HOW TO CONFIGURE GMAIL ACCOUNT IN MICROSOFT OUTLOOK 2016?
If you want to read your mails directly from your Phone or Tablet screen via the mailbox, you will first of all need to configure your Gmail Account in Microsoft Outlook 2016.
Two types of email accounts, POP & IMAP store your mails in a mailbox from where you can download or read your mails directly.
POP email account downloads your mail while as POP enables you to read your mails directly.
STEPS TO CONFIGURE GMAIL FOR OUTLOOK CREATE POP AND IMAP EMAIL ACCOUNTS:
- Use the Email Admin Panel
- Create your account using URL- http://admin.emailvr.com
- Click add/ Edit Mailbox
- Log into Gmail and click settings
- Enable IMAP protocol access in Gmail
- Click Forwarding and POP/IMAP
- Enable IMAP
- Click Save
- Now it is your choice to sign out of Gmail or not
- In outlook 2016 click File ribbon> Account Settings> Account Setting
- Click New…
- You can either chose manual Setup or any additional server type
- Click Next
- Now chose POP or IMAP
- Click Next
- Fill the required information
- Click More settings
- Fill in your information and click More Settings…
- Click Outgoing Server.
- Put a checkbox on “My Outgoing Server (SMTP) requires authentication”
- Click the Advanced Tab. Fill in the ports for incoming and outgoing servers then click OK.
- Click Next.
- Click Close to dismiss the “Test Account Settings” dialog box.
- Click Finish to close the Add Account dialog box.
- Click Close to close the Account Settings dialog box.
- As you can see, my Gmail account is now connected and I get an email from the server.
- That’s it!
- You’re Done!