Common Kindle Problems Support – Contact Kindle Support – Connect With Kindle Customer Service Representatives.
A Kindle is a portable hardware device first released in the United States by Amazon.com November 19, 2007. Kindle displays images and text using E ink and is capable of getting e-books over the Amazon Whisper-net using Sprint’s EVDO. Users have access to hundreds of thousands of books from Amazon.com. The cost is typically less than the paper back version and you can subscribe to magazines, get newspaper subscriptions, RSS feeds, and even connect to the Internet with a basic browser.
How to Contact Kindle Customer Service?
The Kindle line of e-readers (including the basic Kindle and the Kindle fire) are produced and developed by Amazon.com. There are a number of ways to get in touch with Amazon regarding its Kindle products. For technical support, a variety of help resources are available online, but it’s also easy to reach customer service representatives via an online form or with offline methods of contact.
Visit Amazon Help & Customer Service for basic help. If you’re having problems with your Kindle device, you may not even need to contact Amazon at all. Instead, start by visiting the Amazon help pages, available here.
If you’re not signed in to your Amazon account, the link above will take you to a list of products (including Kindles). Click the Kindle product you need help with to see a variety of help topics for that product.
If you’ve registered your Kindle device and you are logged in to your Amazon account, you’ll see your Kindle device at that top of the page. Clicking it will take you straight to the appropriate help page.
Use the Amazon help form for a personal response. Can’t find the help you’re looking for on the page above? Use the official online help form to contact Amazon Customer Service directly. Click here to access the form.
Fill out the form. Click the “Fire and Kindle” button at the top of the page. Use the drop-down menus on the page to select which type of device you have and what kind of problem or question you need help with.
- If you have registered your Kindle device and you are logged in to your Amazon account, you won’t have to fill out the information about your Kindle. Instead, just click the button near the top of the page with your device on it. If you don’t see your device, click “My Kindle is not shown” and fill out the form as normal.
Select a contact method. At the end of the form, you’ll see three different contact options. Pick the one that matches the way you want to get in touch with customer service. Your choices are:
- Email:On the next screen, you’ll be asked to verify your Kindle model and your email address. You can also type in any extra important information you want customer service to see. Click “Send Email” to finish.
- Phone:You will be taken to a screen with the appropriate phone number for you to call. You may also be given the option to input your phone number and have Amazon call you.
- Chat:A window will pop up with a space to describe your problem. When you’re ready, click “Start Chat” and you’ll be connected to a customer service representative who will talk to you via text chat.
Call 1-888-280-4364 for general Kindle help. If you don’t have an internet connection or you’d prefer to talk to Amazon directly, call this number, which is toll-free for calls made within the U.S.
Alternatively, call 1-866-321-8851. As of April 2015, this number works exactly the same as the one above.
Call 1-206-266-2992 for international help. If you’re outside the United States, use this number. Note that international calling fees may be charged by your carrier.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for press/business inquiries. If you’re a journalist or a businessperson with a question about Kindle, use this address to get in touch directly with Kindle PR rather than going through customer service.
- Official Kindle page: https://kindle.amazon.com
Problems with logo, app loading, and storage optimization
Issue: Kindle Fire stuck on logo
Quite a few people have run into issues with their Kindle Fire HD tablet refusing to start up properly — it gets as far as the logo and gets stuck. Restarting the device simply takes you as far as the logo again. There are forum posts about this problem going back a few years now and some of our readers recently asked about it in the comments.
- Plug your tablet into a charger and let it charge for at least 15 minutes. Now, keep it plugged in, and press and hold the Powerbutton until it restarts and see if it works normally. You may need to hold it down for 40 seconds or more.
- Try plugging it into your computer and see if the device is recognized.
- If it still won’t progress past the logo, then it’s probably a good idea to contact Amazon support.
- You could try and see if you can get into the recovery menu. Turn the tablet off, then turn it on and press and hold the Powerand Volume downbuttons simultaneously. Sadly, some tablets require you to use the Power and Volume up buttons, however, so if Volume down doesn’t work, then try Volume up. If you manage to get into the recovery menu, then you can use the volume keys to highlight options and the Power button to select them. You could also try performing a factory reset via wipe data/ factory reset, but be aware that it will wipe everything on your tablet.
Problem: App won’t load or keeps crashing
This issue has cropped a few times in forum posts like this one. If you have a recurring problem with a specific app on your Kindle Fire tablet — perhaps it won’t load, or it keeps crashing or freezing — then here’s what to do:
- Go to Settings > Apps & Games > Manage All Applicationsand find the problem app. Then, tap Force stop and Clear cache.
- If that doesn’t work, then try uninstalling the app via Settings > Apps & Games > Manage All Applications > [App name] > Uninstall. Restart your device by holding down the Powerbutton for 40 seconds, and then reinstall the app.
- You can find some additional advice in Amazon’s help section.
Glitch: Stuck on “Optimizing system storage and applications”
Some of our readers have found that their Fire HD tablet gets stuck on the message, “Optimizing system storage and applications,” or keeps showcasing the message repeatedly. This is a fairly common problem, which has been raised in the Amazon forums.
- Plug it into the wall using your original cable and charger, and give it half an hour or so to complete.
- If it’s still not working, then try holding down the Powerbutton for 40 seconds to force a restart.
- There’s also a chance that this problem is related to your MicroSD card. If you have a MicroSD card in your tablet, then turn the tablet off and remove it, and then test to see if the issue is resolved. If your MicroSD card is causing the problem, then try plugging it into your PC or another device, copy your files, and wipe it. Afterward, copy them back over before reinserting it into your Fire tablet.
Most issues with your Kindle Fire, such as a frozen screen or issues with downloading content, can be solved by restarting your device. Go to Quick Fix: Slow or Frozen Screento learn more.
- Audiobook Issues
- Content Syncing Issues(Content refers to purchased or personal items, such as books, audiobooks, music, apps, games, photos, personal documents, videos, and more.)
- Accidentally Purchased Content
- Calendar or Contacts App Won’t Sync with Email
- Can’t Open or Set Up Email App
- Unable to Send or Receive Emails
- Troubleshooting the Silk Browser
- Can’t Connect to Wi-Fi
- Can’t Connect to Bluetooth on Kindle Fire HD
- Can’t Connect to 4G on Kindle Fire HD 8.9″ (2nd Generation)
HARDWARE / DEVICE SETTINGS
- Battery Doesn’t Charge
- Camera is Not Functioning on Kindle Fire HD
- Can’t Hear Audio From Speakers
- Kindle Fire is Registered to a Different Account
- Kindle Fire Isn’t Recognized by Computer
- Forgot Lock Screen Password
- Forgot Parental Controls Password
Latest posts by Karan Rawat (see all)
- LiteVault Customer Service Phone Number USA 1-844-398-0888 - August 23, 2018
- BitLox Customer Service Phone Number USA 1-844-398-0888 - August 23, 2018
- Cancoin Customer Service Phone Number USA +1-844-398-0888 - August 23, 2018